Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sony ICF-C318 - The Best Alarm Clock Ever!!!


I purchased the Sony ICF-C318 Radio Alarm Clock a couple years ago and I have to say, it's just one of those items that is so good, you don't even notice it. It just becomes a part of your life, like the microwave, and it does its job very well. A really cool feature is that if the power goes out and comes back on again, the clock will reset itself so as long as the power is on when your alarm is supposed to go off, it will work. Also, it is extremely easy to set the alarm times with the knobs on the sides. Some people don't like that the tone alarm isn't hugely loud, but I like that it can't be set really loud because if you are sharing it with someone, and you wake up at different times it will prevent each of you from getting on each others nerves. I'm a light sleeper though so I usually am awake and have it switched off before it beeps twice. If you set it to the radio alarm, the volume can be turned up pretty high. It has the antenna built into the power cord and gets really good reception. Another nice feature is that the LED display can be dimmed. I leave it on the dimmest setting at all times and it goes unnoticed but can still be read during the day. This is a very functional alarm clock and shows that someone was paying attention to consumer needs unlike with so many other alarm clocks out there.

1 comment:

  1. I guess a lot of people are using cell phones nowadays for their alarm clock needs. I don't own a cell phone so I still use the old fashioned method. Although I now have a Chumby One sitting along side this alarm clock and I use them both. Sounds crazy, but hey, I'm never late.

    ReplyDelete